H2 TEXT FOR SEARCH ENGINES
Knowing your risk for heart disease is the first step in maintaining a healthy heart
Despite advances in treatment, cardiovascular disease still claims one out of every three deaths in the United States. At Boston Heart Diagnostics, all we do, every day, is work to reduce cardiovascular disease—by providing the information and tools needed to better predict cardiovascular risk—and to improve heart health.
The best strategy to prevent and manage cardiovascular disease is to understand your risk and embrace a heart healthy lifestyle. Traditionally, healthcare providers focused on a patient’s cholesterol levels as the primary indicator of risk. However, knowing your cholesterol levels is not enough.
Boston Heart Diagnostics’ research and science has advanced technology, which goes far beyond standard cholesterol screening to accurately determine your individual risk of cardiovascular disease.
1. Sachdeva A, Cannon CP, Deedwania PC, et al: for the Get With The Guidelines Steering Committee and Hospitals. Lipid levels in patients hospitalized with coronary artery disease: an analysis of 136,905 hospitalizations in Get With The Guidelines. Am Heart J. 2009;157(1):111–117.e2.
2. Warning Signs of a Heart Attack, Stroke & Cardiac Arrest. American Heart Association Web site. http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Conditions/Conditions_UCM_305346_SubHomePage.jsp. Accessed April 3, 2012.
- Did you know?
- 50% of people, who’ve had a heart attack, have normal cholesterol.1
- Knowledge is Power
- Symptoms of a heart attack can include:2
- Chest discomfort
- Discomfort in other areas of the upper body
- Shortness of breath
- Cold sweat
- Test Guide
- View our Test Guide and learn more about the tests that are available from Boston Heart Diagnostics.