H2 TEXT FOR SEARCH ENGINES
Our laboratory—committed to quality and innovation
All laboratory tests are performed in our CAP-accredited, CLIA-certified clinical laboratory in Framingham, Massachusetts.
We specialize in a wide range of laboratory techniques, including gas chromatography, 2-D gel electrophoresis, genetic testing, general chemistry, immunoassay, and high performance liquid chromatography. Our state-of-the-art equipment is operated by a highly qualified and trained laboratory staff to ensure accurate and consistent assay performance.
Our laboratory is built with a focus on quality, and based on the principle of continuous improvement of all processes and services supporting the patient.
Every department in our laboratory operates under a comprehensive Quality Management Program, framed on standards from International Standard Organization (ISO), Six Sigma, Clinical Laboratory Standards Institute (CLSI), Clinical Laboratory Improvement Act (CLIA), and College of American Pathology (CAP). Our Quality Management Program allows us to deliver consistent, cost-effective and superior service to our clients.
We further ensure scientific rigor and discipline in our testing by benchmarking our methods and reference ranges to nationally accepted standards, including but not limited to:
- CDC: total cholesterol (TC), triglycerides (TG), HDL cholesterol (HDL-C)
- Denka-Seiken: direct LDL cholesterol (LDL-C), small dense LDL cholesterol (sdLDL-C)
- University of Washington: apolipoprotein A (apoA), apolipoprotein B (apoB), and lipoprotein (a) [Lp(a)]
Additionally, we use direct measurements (rather than percentages, ratios or estimated calculations) to analyze cholesterol subtypes such as LDL-C, sdLDL-C and Lp(a). A direct measurement offers a more precise result than the calculated values used by many other clinical laboratories.
- Our Mission, Vision and Values
- Our Mission
- Enabling everybody to improve heart health and prevent disease.
- Our Vision
- To be a world leader in personalized diagnostics dedicated to preventing heart disease and related events.
- Our Values
- The Truth
- Taking Responsibility
- Champions of Change & Innovation